Looking for the best TV to mount on your wall? You’re in luck! In today’s world of cutting-edge technology, you can find a range of wall-mounted TVs that deliver stunning visuals and great features. Whether you’re looking for a TV for your living room, bedroom, or home theater, you’re sure to find the perfect model. In this blog post, we will take a closer look at some of the best wall-mounted TVs on the market, including their key features, things to consider when buying a wall-mounted TV, and what you can expect in terms of image quality and performance.
We may earn an affiliate commission for purchases using our links at no added cost to you. Learn more.
Quick Look At The Our Top Picks
In terms of the best TVs for wall mounting, our selection boasts exceptional quality and excellent features that set them apart from other options in the market. We have meticulously picked each TV to guarantee that you can discover the ideal one that meets your requirements and likes.
Best TVs For Wall Mounting
- Brilliant 4K entertainment - Bring movies and shows to life with support for vivid 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, HLG,...
- Scenes that leap off the screen - 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, and HLG deliver a clearer and more vibrant picture with...
- Hands-free TV with Alexa - With built-in microphones, just ask to turn on the TV, and find, launch, and...
- Watch what you want - Stream over 1.5 million movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites with subscriptions to...
- 4K Ultra HD (2160p resolution) - Enjoy breathtaking 4K movies and TV shows at 4 times the resolution of Full...
- Alexa voice control - Speak commands into the voice remote with Alexa to control your Fire TV verbally—ask...
- Access thousands of shows with Fire TV - Watch over 1 million streaming movies and TV episodes with access to...
- DTS Studio Sound - This premium audio enhancement suite creates realistic and immersive audio with two-speaker...
- Stunning 4K Ultra HD: Enjoy breathtaking 4K movies and TV shows at 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Plus...
- High Dynamic Range: HDR delivers bright and accurate colors for a lifelike viewing experience.
- Simple, customizable home screen: Your favorite broadcast TV, streaming channels, gaming console and other...
- Stream what you love: Enjoy free TV, live news, sports, movies, and more.
- 720p resolution View your favorite movies, shows and games in high definition.
- Alexa voice control - The Alexa Voice Remote lets you easily control your entertainment, search across apps,...
- Fire TV experience built-in - Watch over 1 Million streaming movies and TV episodes with access to tens of...
- Supports Apple AirPlay - Share videos, photos, music and more from an Apple device to your TV with the touch...
A Beginner’s Guide to Choosing a TV: What to Consider and Look For
Screen Size Matters: Choosing the Right TV for Your Viewing Distance
- The screen size of your TV should be determined by your viewing distance. Simply multiply the screen size by 2 to determine the ideal viewing distance. For example, a 60-inch TV should be viewed from 9 feet away. However, with 4K Ultra HD TVs, you can sit a little closer and still enjoy a clear picture.
Screen Resolution: A Guide to Picture Quality
- The current industry standard is UHD (4K) screens, offering top-notch display quality. Make sure the TV you choose has a good upscaling level for videos. Don’t worry if you can’t afford a 4K TV – even a Full HD TV will still provide great results.
Smooth Viewing with the Right Refresh Rate
- The higher the refresh rate, the smoother the picture. Aim for a TV with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher. If you choose a QLED or OLED TV, you won’t need to worry about the refresh rate – even a 60Hz will provide great results.
Bring Realism to Your Screen with HDR Technology
- HDR technology offers more realistic colors and improved contrast. Go for the latest HDR options such as HDR10, HDR10+, or Dolby Vision for the best results.
Smart TV: The Future of Entertainment
- Most TVs today are smart TVs, but make sure yours comes with an app store, browser, and preinstalled apps for easy connectivity and streaming. If your TV isn’t smart, don’t worry – you can easily convert it with dongles such as Amazon Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, or Roku TV Stick.
Ports and Connectivity: Essential Features
- Your TV should have a minimum of 3 HDMI ports, a USB port, and an Ethernet port for optimal connectivity. Make sure it also has component input, composite input, RF input, optical I/O port, and more.
Ignore the Hype: Contrast Ratio
- The contrast ratio determines picture quality, but manufacturers often fudge the numbers. In general, the higher the contrast ratio, the better the image quality.
Don’t Be Misled by Curved TVs
- Curved TVs may look sleek, but they don’t offer improved picture quality. Stick to a flat screen for the best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the necessary hardware and tools required for wall mounting a TV?
Typically, you would need a wall mount bracket, screws, anchors, a drill, a stud finder, a screwdriver, and a level. Some wall mounts may come with all the hardware included, so make sure to check before purchasing.
Can all TV models be wall mounted?
Not all TVs are designed for wall mounting, and it is crucial to check the VESA (Video Electronics Standards Association) compatibility before purchasing a wall mount. VESA is an industry standard for the placement of mounting holes on the back of a TV. If your TV does not have the correct VESA pattern, you will not be able to mount it on the wall.
What is the recommended height for wall mounting a TV?
The recommended height for wall mounting a TV is around eye level, which is typically around 42 to 50 inches from the floor. However, the height can vary depending on the size of the TV and the room it is in, as well as personal preferences. It’s essential to make sure that the TV is at a comfortable viewing height to reduce strain on your neck and eyes.