Are you tired of hearing tenants complaining about poor-quality televisions in your rental property? Want to upgrade to a modern and reliable TV that will keep your tenants satisfied? Look no further! In this blog post, we will discuss the best televisions for rental properties, including features you can expect and things to look for. From large screen sizes to smart TV capabilities, we have got you covered. Whether you are a seasoned landlord or just starting out, this post will guide you in selecting a TV that will keep your tenants happy and enhance their viewing experience.
We may earn an affiliate commission for purchases using our links at no added cost to you. Learn more.
Don’t Have Much Time? Check Out Our Top Recommendations
We’ve chosen the best TVs for a rental property that is top-notch quality with great features that set them apart from the pack. Our selections are carefully picked to help you find the ideal match for your needs and preferences.
Best TVs For Rental Property
- Bring movies and shows to life with support for vivid 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, HLG, and Dolby Digital Plus.
- 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, and HLG deliver a clearer and more vibrant picture with brighter colors compared to 1080p...
- Press and ask Alexa to easily find, launch, and control your content, or check the weather, sports scores, and...
- Stream over 1 million movies and TV episodes with subscriptions to Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, and more.
- Brilliant 4K entertainment - Bring movies and shows to life with support for vivid 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, HLG,...
- Scenes that leap off the screen - 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, and HLG deliver a clearer and more vibrant picture with...
- Hands-free TV with Alexa - With built-in microphones, just ask to turn on the TV, and find, launch, and...
- Watch what you want - Stream over 1 million movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites with subscriptions to...
- 4K Ultra HD (2160p resolution) - Enjoy breathtaking 4K movies and TV shows at 4 times the resolution of Full...
- Alexa voice control - Speak commands into the voice remote with Alexa to control your Fire TV verbally—ask...
- Access thousands of shows with Fire TV - Watch over 1 million streaming movies and TV episodes with access to...
- DTS Studio Sound - This premium audio enhancement suite creates realistic and immersive audio with two-speaker...
- 4K UltraHD delivers more than four times the resolution of a regular 1080p highdefinition screen. Along with...
- Kick back and enjoy streaming movies and TV episodes, plus live-streaming news, TV, sports and more, across...
- Quickly access entertainment and control your TV with a Google Assistant or Alexa device (sold separately)....
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10 transforms your TV into an entertainment powerhouse. The image technology from...
The Latest Technology in TVs: A Buyers Guide to Upgrading Your Viewing Experience
Screen Size Matters: Choosing the Right TV for Your Viewing Distance
- The screen size of your TV should be determined by your viewing distance. Simply multiply the screen size by 2 to determine the ideal viewing distance. For example, a 60-inch TV should be viewed from 9 feet away. However, with 4K Ultra HD TVs, you can sit a little closer and still enjoy a clear picture.
Screen Resolution: A Guide to Picture Quality
- The current industry standard is UHD (4K) screens, offering top-notch display quality. Make sure the TV you choose has a good upscaling level for videos. Don’t worry if you can’t afford a 4K TV – even a Full HD TV will still provide great results.
Smooth Viewing with the Right Refresh Rate
- The higher the refresh rate, the smoother the picture. Aim for a TV with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher. If you choose a QLED or OLED TV, you won’t need to worry about the refresh rate – even a 60Hz will provide great results.
Bring Realism to Your Screen with HDR Technology
- HDR technology offers more realistic colors and improved contrast. Go for the latest HDR options such as HDR10, HDR10+, or Dolby Vision for the best results.
Smart TV: The Future of Entertainment
- Most TVs today are smart TVs, but make sure yours comes with an app store, browser, and preinstalled apps for easy connectivity and streaming. If your TV isn’t smart, don’t worry – you can easily convert it with dongles such as Amazon Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, or Roku TV Stick.
Ports and Connectivity: Essential Features
- Your TV should have a minimum of 3 HDMI ports, a USB port, and an Ethernet port for optimal connectivity. Make sure it also has component input, composite input, RF input, optical I/O port, and more.
Ignore the Hype: Contrast Ratio
- The contrast ratio determines picture quality, but manufacturers often fudge the numbers. In general, the higher the contrast ratio, the better the image quality.
Don’t Be Misled by Curved TVs
- Curved TVs may look sleek, but they don’t offer improved picture quality. Stick to a flat screen for the best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best types of TVs for rental properties?
The best type of TV for rental properties are those that are durable, reliable, and easy to use for tenants. Some popular options include:
- LED TVs: LED TVs are a great choice for rental properties because they are energy efficient and have a long lifespan. They also have great picture quality and are available in a range of sizes.
- Smart TVs: Smart TVs are a popular choice for rental properties because they allow tenants to access a variety of streaming services, such as Netflix and Hulu, without the need for additional devices.
- 4K TVs: 4K TVs are a great choice for rental properties because they offer four times the resolution of a standard HD TV, making for an incredibly clear and vibrant picture.
What are the benefits of having a TV in a rental property?
There are several benefits to having a TV in a rental property, including:
- Convenience: A TV in a rental property provides tenants with a convenient and easy-to-use entertainment option.
- Increased rental value: Having a TV in a rental property can increase its rental value and make it more appealing to potential tenants.
- Improved tenant satisfaction: Providing tenants with a TV in their rental property can improve their overall satisfaction with the property and increase the likelihood that they will renew their lease.
What should I consider when purchasing a TV for a rental property?
When purchasing a TV for a rental property, there are several important factors to consider, including:
- Size: Choose a size that is appropriate for the room and provides a comfortable viewing experience for tenants.
- Picture quality: Make sure to choose a TV with good picture quality to ensure that tenants are satisfied with the viewing experience.
- Durability: Consider purchasing a TV that is durable and built to withstand heavy use, as it is likely to be used frequently by multiple tenants.
- Price: Determine a budget and look for a TV that offers good value for the price.
- Ease of use: Choose a TV that is easy for tenants to use and comes with simple, straightforward instructions.