Are you in the market for a new TV but don’t want to break the bank? Look no further! In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the best TVs for under $500. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. But fear not, we’ve done the research and found the top models with the best features for the price. Whether you’re looking for a smart TV, a 4K display, or a large screen, we’ve got you covered. Read on to learn more about what to look for and the features you can expect from a TV under $500.
We may earn an affiliate commission for purchases using our links at no added cost to you. Learn more.
Don’t Have Much Time? Check Out Our Top Recommendations
We’ve chosen the best TVs for under $500 that are top-notch quality with great features that set them apart from the pack. Our selections are carefully picked to help you find the ideal match for your needs and preferences.
Best TVs For Under $500
- Crystal processor 4K: This ultra-fast processor transforms everything you watch into stunning 4K.
- Multi voice: Smart TV with Alexa and Bixby. Mini Wall Mount and Vesa Wall Mount Compatible
- Smart TV powered by Tizen: Go beyond Smart TV with next-gen apps, super easy control, and a host of...
- HDR: Unveils shades of color you can't find on HDTV.
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOT: A billion stay-true shades of breathtaking color. QLED televisions can...
- DUAL LED Backlight: Dedicated warm and cool LED backlights provide enhanced contrast. 32" Dual LED not...
- QUANTUM HDR: Go beyond HDTV with an expanded range of color.
- AIR SLIM DESIGN: Sleek and slim design.
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to..Bluetooth 4.2. Power Supply (V) AC110-120V...
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: Witness millions of shades of color through powerful Dynamic Crystal technology
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: See every detail with stunning clarity; The powerful processor, specifically tuned for...
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access a world of content beyond streaming; Schedule recordings, search,...
- Dolby Vision HDR - Watch your favorite content with the incredible brightness, contrast and color with support...
- 4K Ultra HD - With over 8 million pixels, 4 times the resolution of 1080p and pixel level brightness...
- SmartCast - With lightning fast navigation, enjoy instant access to the best selection of apps from top tier...
- VIZIO Voice - With an all-new push-to-talk voice remote, VIZIO Voice enables you to say simple, intricate, or...
- Stunning 4K Ultra HD: Enjoy breathtaking 4K movies and TV shows at 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Plus...
- High Dynamic Range: Enjoy free TV, live news, sports, movies, and more.
- Simple, customizable home screen: Your favorite broadcast TV, streaming channels, gaming console and other...
- Stream what you love: Enjoy free TV, live news, sports, movies, and more.
The Latest Technology in TVs: A Buyers Guide to Upgrading Your Viewing Experience
Screen Size Matters: Choosing the Right TV for Your Viewing Distance
- The screen size of your TV should be determined by your viewing distance. Simply multiply the screen size by 2 to determine the ideal viewing distance. For example, a 60-inch TV should be viewed from 9 feet away. However, with 4K Ultra HD TVs, you can sit a little closer and still enjoy a clear picture.
Screen Resolution: A Guide to Picture Quality
- The current industry standard is UHD (4K) screens, offering top-notch display quality. Make sure the TV you choose has a good upscaling level for videos. Don’t worry if you can’t afford a 4K TV – even a Full HD TV will still provide great results.
Smooth Viewing with the Right Refresh Rate
- The higher the refresh rate, the smoother the picture. Aim for a TV with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher. If you choose a QLED or OLED TV, you won’t need to worry about the refresh rate – even a 60Hz will provide great results.
Bring Realism to Your Screen with HDR Technology
- HDR technology offers more realistic colors and improved contrast. Go for the latest HDR options such as HDR10, HDR10+, or Dolby Vision for the best results.
Smart TV: The Future of Entertainment
- Most TVs today are smart TVs, but make sure yours comes with an app store, browser, and preinstalled apps for easy connectivity and streaming. If your TV isn’t smart, don’t worry – you can easily convert it with dongles such as Amazon Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, or Roku TV Stick.
Ports and Connectivity: Essential Features
- Your TV should have a minimum of 3 HDMI ports, a USB port, and an Ethernet port for optimal connectivity. Make sure it also has component input, composite input, RF input, optical I/O port, and more.
Ignore the Hype: Contrast Ratio
- The contrast ratio determines picture quality, but manufacturers often fudge the numbers. In general, the higher the contrast ratio, the better the image quality.
Don’t Be Misled by Curved TVs
- Curved TVs may look sleek, but they don’t offer improved picture quality. Stick to a flat screen for the best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best TV under $500?
The best TV under $500 depends on the individual’s needs and preferences. However, some popular options include the TCL 43-inch Class 4-Series 4K UHD Smart TV, the Vizio V-Series 50-inch 4K HDR Smart TV, and the Samsung 50-inch Class NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TV. Each of these TVs offers a high-quality viewing experience, with 4K resolution, HDR compatibility, and smart TV features at a budget-friendly price.
What features should I look for in a TV under $500?
When shopping for a TV under 500, look for features that enhance your viewing experience. A 4K resolution is a must for a clear, sharp image, and HDR compatibility will bring out the vivid colors and deeper blacks in your content. Additionally, smart TV capabilities, such as built-in streaming services and Wi-Fi connectivity, will give you access to a world of online content and make it easier to connect your TV to other devices. Consider the size of the TV, and if you want a larger screen, make sure that the TV supports the proper resolution for that size.
Are there any limitations to a TV under $500?
While a TV under $500 can provide an excellent viewing experience, there are a few limitations to keep in mind. Some of these TVs may have less powerful processors, which can affect their performance and speed, particularly when streaming content or using other smart TV features. The speakers on these TVs may also be less powerful and produce less-than-perfect audio. However, these limitations can be overcome by connecting external speakers or soundbars to the TV. Additionally, some budget-friendly TVs may not support the latest technology and features, such as Alexa or Google Assistant compatibility, but these features can still be added with an external device.