The market offers a variety of options for those seeking the best TVs under $1000 that fits their budget. With the advancement of technology and fierce competition among brands, consumers now have access to affordable yet high-quality TVs. In this article, we’ll highlight some of the best options available for under $1000, providing you with the necessary information to make an informed purchase. Whether you’re looking for a smart TV with built-in streaming services or just a basic television for your bedroom, you’re sure to find the perfect option on this list.
We may earn an affiliate commission for purchases using our links at no added cost to you. Learn more.
Don’t Have Much Time? Check Out Our Top Recommendations
We’ve chosen the best TVs for under $1000 that are top-notch quality with great features that set them apart from the pack. Our selections are carefully picked to help you find the ideal match for your needs and preferences.
Best TVs For Under $1000
- Purchase Includes: One 75-inchSmart TV, Remote (with battery), Power Cable and User Manual
- Dimensions Without Stand (W x H x D): 65.9" x 37.7" x 2.4"; With Stand (W x H x D): 65.9" x 41.3" x 13.4";...
- Smart TV powered by Tizen: Go beyond Smart TV with next-gen apps, super easy control, and a host of...
- HDR: Unveils shades of color you can't find on HDTV.
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to..Image Aspect ratio:16:9.Connectivity...
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: Witness millions of shades of color through powerful Dynamic Crystal technology....
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: See every detail with stunning clarity; The powerful processor, specifically tuned for...
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access a world of content beyond streaming; Schedule recordings, search,...
- INTELLIGENT TV PROCESSING– The 4K HDR Processor X1 delivers a picture that is smooth and clear, full of rich...
- WIDE SPECTRUM OF COLORS- Reproduces over a billion accurate colors resulting in picture quality that is...
- PREMIUM SMART TV– Google TV with Google Assistant organizes your favorite content all in one place. Stream...
- ENHANCED ENTERTAINMENT– Experience immersive and engaging cinematic content as the creator intended with...
- VOICE CONTROL: Use your voice to control your TV and connected devices with built-in support for Google...
- a5 GEN5 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Enhance your picture and sound with AI from the a5 Gen 5 AI Processor 4K
- WebOS: Customize your viewing experience with separate accounts and personalized recommendations for every...
- ULTIMATE STREAMING: Find your faves fast with built-in access to Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV app, Disney+,...
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOT: Bask in a billion shades of brilliant color at 100% Color Volume, that...
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR LITE WITH 4K UPSCALING: Everything on your screen is upgraded to 4K resolution by a smart,...
- DUAL LED: Enjoy natural, real-life colors with dedicated warm and cool Dual LED backlights.
- QUANTUM HDR: Go beyond HDTV with Quantum HDR that delivers an expanded range of color and contrast.
The Latest Technology in TVs: A Buyers Guide to Upgrading Your Viewing Experience
Screen Size Matters: Choosing the Right TV for Your Viewing Distance
- The screen size of your TV should be determined by your viewing distance. Simply multiply the screen size by 2 to determine the ideal viewing distance. For example, a 60-inch TV should be viewed from 9 feet away. However, with 4K Ultra HD TVs, you can sit a little closer and still enjoy a clear picture.
Screen Resolution: A Guide to Picture Quality
- The current industry standard is UHD (4K) screens, offering top-notch display quality. Make sure the TV you choose has a good upscaling level for videos. Don’t worry if you can’t afford a 4K TV – even a Full HD TV will still provide great results.
Smooth Viewing with the Right Refresh Rate
- The higher the refresh rate, the smoother the picture. Aim for a TV with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher. If you choose a QLED or OLED TV, you won’t need to worry about the refresh rate – even a 60Hz will provide great results.
Bring Realism to Your Screen with HDR Technology
- HDR technology offers more realistic colors and improved contrast. Go for the latest HDR options such as HDR10, HDR10+, or Dolby Vision for the best results.
Smart TV: The Future of Entertainment
- Most TVs today are smart TVs, but make sure yours comes with an app store, browser, and preinstalled apps for easy connectivity and streaming. If your TV isn’t smart, don’t worry – you can easily convert it with dongles such as Amazon Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, or Roku TV Stick.
Ports and Connectivity: Essential Features
- Your TV should have a minimum of 3 HDMI ports, a USB port, and an Ethernet port for optimal connectivity. Make sure it also has component input, composite input, RF input, optical I/O port, and more.
Ignore the Hype: Contrast Ratio
- The contrast ratio determines picture quality, but manufacturers often fudge the numbers. In general, the higher the contrast ratio, the better the image quality.
Don’t Be Misled by Curved TVs
- Curved TVs may look sleek, but they don’t offer improved picture quality. Stick to a flat screen for the best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most important features to consider when buying a TV under $1000?
When shopping for a TV under $1000, there are several key features to consider that will greatly impact your viewing experience. Firstly, the picture quality is important, so look for a TV with a high resolution (preferably 4K) and HDR compatibility. Secondly, consider the size of the TV and what is appropriate for your viewing room.
Thirdly, smart functionality can be a great addition but is not essential, so weigh the cost benefits of purchasing a smart TV versus an external device such as a streaming stick or game console. Finally, connectivity options, such as HDMI and USB ports, can also be a factor, especially if you plan on using your TV for gaming or other multimedia activities.
Are there any TV brands that are particularly known for producing high-quality TVs under $1000?
Yes, there are several TV brands that have a reputation for producing high-quality TVs at affordable prices. TCL, Vizio, and Hisense are all known for delivering great value for money, with 4K and HDR compatibility, good picture quality, and smart functionality. Another brand to consider is Samsung, which often has high-quality TVs on sale for under $1000.
Is it worth spending more money on a TV under $1000 if it means getting better picture quality?
This is a personal decision, as the amount you are willing to spend on a TV will depend on your individual preferences and needs. However, in general, it is worth spending a little more if it means getting a better picture quality, as a good display will greatly enhance your viewing experience.
For example, paying an extra $100-200 for a TV with HDR compatibility and a high resolution will likely result in a better overall viewing experience. However, it’s important to remember that there is a trade-off between cost and quality, so you may need to compromise in other areas to get the best picture quality possible.