Are you looking for the best 55-inch TV for under $600? With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. But fear not, as this blog post will guide you through the top picks and help you find the perfect TV for your needs and budget. Whether you’re looking for a TV for your living room, bedroom, or office, we’ve got you covered with the best 55-inch TVs under $600.
We may earn an affiliate commission for purchases using our links at no added cost to you. Learn more.
Don’t Have Much Time? Check Out Our Top Recommendations
When it comes to finding the top best 55-inch TVs under $600, we have handpicked a selection that boasts exceptional features and sets them apart from the competition. Our choices have been made with great care, ensuring that you have a variety of options to choose from that will match your specific requirements and personal tastes.
Best 55 Inch TVs Under $600
- Brilliant 4K entertainment - Bring movies and shows to life with support for vivid 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, HLG,...
- Scenes that leap off the screen - 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, and HLG deliver a clearer and more vibrant picture with...
- Hands-free TV with Alexa - With built-in microphones, just ask to turn on the TV, and find, launch, and...
- Watch what you want - Stream over 1 million movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites with subscriptions to...
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to.
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: Witness millions of shades of color through powerful Dynamic Crystal technology
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: See every detail with stunning clarity; The powerful processor, specifically tuned for...
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access a world of content beyond streaming; Schedule recordings, search,...
- This bundle includes an Amazon Fire TV 55" 4-Series, Sanus Universal Tilting Wall Mount, and Mission Cables...
- Compatible with Amazon Fire TV Smart TVs and other TVs 32-55 inches.
- Reduce screen glare at the touch of a finger with 5 degrees of up tilt and 10 degrees of down tilt.
- Low profile design holds TVs only 2" from the wall, and the quick release mechanism makes accessing cables...
- INTELLIGENT TV PROCESSING– The 4K HDR Processor X1 delivers a picture that is smooth and clear, full of rich...
- WIDE SPECTRUM OF COLORS- Reproduces over a billion accurate colors resulting in picture quality that is...
- PREMIUM SMART TV– Google TV with Google Assistant organizes your favorite content all in one place. Stream...
- ENHANCED ENTERTAINMENT– Experience immersive and engaging cinematic content as the creator intended with...
- VOICE CONTROL: Use your voice to control your TV and connected devices with built-in support for Google...
- A5 GEN5 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Enhance your picture and sound with AI from the a5 Gen 5 AI Processor 4K
- WebOS: Customize your viewing experience with separate accounts and personalized recommendations for every...
- ULTIMATE STREAMING: Find your faves fast with built-in access to Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV app, Disney...
Find Your Perfect TV: A Comprehensive Buyers Guide
In today’s world, TVs are not just a source of entertainment but an integral part of our homes. With so many different types of TVs available in the market, it can be difficult to decide which one to buy. This guide will help you understand the different types of TVs, their features, and what to look for when buying the perfect TV for your home.
Types of TVs
- OLED TV: Unlike LED TVs, OLED TVs don’t use a backlight. Instead, each pixel in an OLED TV can be turned on or off individually, improving the contrast ratio and providing deeper blacks. However, individual pixels can degrade over time leading to “permanent image retention.”
- LED TV: LED TVs are a good option for bright rooms as they are bright enough to combat natural light. However, different types of LED backlighting can cause light to “bleed” from the brightest parts of an image to the darker areas.
- Full-Array Local Dimming: Full-array LED TVs have a feature called “local dimming,” which divides the LED backlights into “zones.” This improves the overall contrast and provides deeper blacks; the more zones a TV has, the deeper the blacks will be.
HDR: High Dynamic Range
- HDR (high dynamic range) enhances the details in the shadows and highlights of an image, providing whiter whites, deeper blacks, and a wider range of colors compared to Standard Dynamic Range (SDR).
- HDR10 vs HDR10+ vs Dolby Vision: HDR10 is the most popular standard but can make an entire movie look brighter or darker than it should be. HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, on the other hand, provide brighter images, support more colors, and produce a more natural image.
- Refresh Rate: A TV’s refresh rate refers to how many images a screen can display per second. A higher refresh rate provides smoother motion, especially when watching sports or playing games on current-gen consoles. Currently, the minimum refresh rate to look for is 120Hz.
Ports and Connectivity
- Ports: When buying a TV, it is important to make sure it has the right ports. You want a TV with several HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 2.1 ports. HDMI 2.0 is the most common standard but if you have a latest-gen gaming console, make sure to buy a TV with at least one HDMI 2.1 port.
- Ethernet Port: If you have a smart TV, you want to buy a TV with an Ethernet port to connect directly to your router for the most reliable signal.
Should You Buy a Smart TV?
- Smart TV: A smart TV connects to the internet and allows you to watch movies and TV shows on streaming services, connect to your smart speakers, and control the TV using voice commands. Each smart TV comes with a built-in streaming platform and a dedicated smartphone app. Some smart TV apps even let you connect wireless headphones or stream content from your smartphone to the TV.
When buying a TV, it is important to consider your needs and budget. This guide provides a comprehensive overview of the different types of TVs, their features, and what to look for when making your purchase. With the right TV, you can enjoy a truly immersive viewing experience.
Frequently Asked Questions About 55-Inch TVs
What is the best 55-inch TV for gaming?
The best 55-inch TV for gaming would depend on the type of games you play and your budget. Some popular options for gaming include the Samsung QLED Q80T, the Sony X900H, and the LG OLED CX.
What is the difference between LED and OLED TVs?
LED TVs use a backlight behind the screen to illuminate the picture, while OLED TVs use organic compounds that emit light when an electric current is applied. OLED TVs provide deeper blacks and better overall picture quality but can be more expensive.
What is the difference between 4K and 8K resolution in 55-inch TVs?
Answer: 4K resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels, while 8K resolution is 7680 x 4320 pixels. 8K resolution offers a higher level of detail and sharper images but is not widely available in content and may not be noticeable to the average viewer.
What is the best 55-inch TV for streaming and watching movies?
Answer: The best 55-inch TV for streaming and watching movies will depend on your personal preferences and the type of content you typically watch. Popular options include the TCL 6-Series, the Vizio M-Series, and the Hisense H8G.