In the world of television technology, 4K TVs have taken the market by storm. With its ultra-high resolution and stunning image quality, it has become the must-have entertainment appliance in every household. When it comes to choosing a 4K TV, the size of the screen can be a critical factor. A 55-inch 4K TV is the perfect balance between size and affordability, making it an ideal choice for many families. In this blog post, we will be exploring the best 55-inch 4K TVs currently available in the market, highlighting their features, and providing insights to help you make an informed decision.
We may earn an affiliate commission for purchases using our links at no added cost to you. Learn more.
In A Hurry? Discover Our Top Picks
In terms of the best 55-inch 4k TVs, our selection boasts exceptional quality and excellent features that set them apart from other options in the market. We have meticulously picked each TV to guarantee that you can discover the ideal one that meets your requirements and likes.
Best 55 Inch 4K TVs
- 4K UltraHD delivers more than four times the resolution of a regular 1080p highdefinition screen. Along with...
- Kick back and enjoy streaming movies and TV episodes, plus live-streaming news, TV, sports and more, across...
- Quickly access entertainment and control your TV with a Google Assistant or Alexa device (sold separately)....
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10 transforms your TV into an entertainment powerhouse. The image technology from...
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to..Image Aspect ratio:16:9.Wi-Fi Connectivity...
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: Witness millions of shades of color through powerful Dynamic Crystal technology
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: See every detail with stunning clarity; The powerful processor, specifically tuned for...
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access a world of content beyond streaming; Schedule recordings, search,...
- Stunning 4K Ultra HD: Enjoy breathtaking 4K movies and TV shows at 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Plus...
- High Dynamic Range: HDR delivers bright and accurate colors for a lifelike viewing experience.
- Simple, customizable home screen: Your favorite broadcast TV, streaming channels, gaming console and other...
- Stream what you love: Enjoy free TV, live news, sports, movies, and more.
- VOICE CONTROL: Use your voice to control your TV and connected devices with built-in support for Google...
- A5 GEN5 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Enhance your picture and sound with AI from the a5 Gen 5 AI Processor 4K
- WebOS: Customize your viewing experience with separate accounts and personalized recommendations for every...
- ULTIMATE STREAMING: Find your faves fast with built-in access to Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV app, Disney...
Find Your Perfect TV: A Comprehensive Buyers Guide
In today’s world, TVs are not just a source of entertainment but an integral part of our homes. With so many different types of TVs available in the market, it can be difficult to decide which one to buy. This guide will help you understand the different types of TVs, their features, and what to look for when buying the perfect TV for your home.
Types of TVs
- OLED TV: Unlike LED TVs, OLED TVs don’t use a backlight. Instead, each pixel in an OLED TV can be turned on or off individually, improving the contrast ratio and providing deeper blacks. However, individual pixels can degrade over time leading to “permanent image retention.”
- LED TV: LED TVs are a good option for bright rooms as they are bright enough to combat natural light. However, different types of LED backlighting can cause light to “bleed” from the brightest parts of an image to the darker areas.
- Full-Array Local Dimming: Full-array LED TVs have a feature called “local dimming,” which divides the LED backlights into “zones.” This improves the overall contrast and provides deeper blacks; the more zones a TV has, the deeper the blacks will be.
HDR: High Dynamic Range
- HDR (high dynamic range) enhances the details in the shadows and highlights of an image, providing whiter whites, deeper blacks, and a wider range of colors compared to Standard Dynamic Range (SDR).
- HDR10 vs HDR10+ vs Dolby Vision: HDR10 is the most popular standard but can make an entire movie look brighter or darker than it should be. HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, on the other hand, provide brighter images, support more colors, and produce a more natural image.
- Refresh Rate: A TV’s refresh rate refers to how many images a screen can display per second. A higher refresh rate provides smoother motion, especially when watching sports or playing games on current-gen consoles. Currently, the minimum refresh rate to look for is 120Hz.
Ports and Connectivity
- Ports: When buying a TV, it is important to make sure it has the right ports. You want a TV with several HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 2.1 ports. HDMI 2.0 is the most common standard but if you have a latest-gen gaming console, make sure to buy a TV with at least one HDMI 2.1 port.
- Ethernet Port: If you have a smart TV, you want to buy a TV with an Ethernet port to connect directly to your router for the most reliable signal.
Should You Buy a Smart TV?
- Smart TV: A smart TV connects to the internet and allows you to watch movies and TV shows on streaming services, connect to your smart speakers, and control the TV using voice commands. Each smart TV comes with a built-in streaming platform and a dedicated smartphone app. Some smart TV apps even let you connect wireless headphones or stream content from your smartphone to the TV.
When buying a TV, it is important to consider your needs and budget. This guide provides a comprehensive overview of the different types of TVs, their features, and what to look for when making your purchase. With the right TV, you can enjoy a truly immersive viewing experience.
Frequently Asked Questions About 55-Inch TVs
What is the difference between a 55-inch 4K and a 55-inch Full HD TV?
A 55-inch 4K TV has four times the resolution of a 55-inch Full HD TV, meaning that it has more pixels and produces more vivid and clearer images. 4K TVs also have better color accuracy and contrast, making the overall viewing experience more enjoyable.
What are the best brands for 55-inch TVs?
Some of the top brands for 55-inch TVs are Samsung, LG, Sony, Vizio, and TCL. These brands are known for their high-quality products, excellent customer support, and innovative features. Each brand has its own strengths, so it is recommended to compare and contrast them before making a purchase.
What should I look for when buying a 55-inch TV?
When buying a 55-inch TV, there are several factors to consider, including the display type (LED, OLED, or QLED), the refresh rate, the HDR compatibility, the built-in smart features, the connectivity options, and the sound quality. It is also important to think about the room size and placement, as well as the budget, to make sure the TV fits both the needs and the room.
Can a 55-inch TV be used as a computer monitor?
Yes, a 55-inch TV can be used as a computer monitor. However, it is important to make sure the TV has the necessary connectivity options, such as HDMI or VGA, and that the computer supports the TV’s resolution. Using a 55-inch TV as a computer monitor can provide an immersive and spacious experience, but it may also cause eye strain if the text is too small or the resolution is not optimized.