Are you in the market for a high-quality TV without breaking the bank? Look no further! We’ve rounded up the best 40-inch TVs under $500 that offer great features and performance without leaving a gaping hole in your wallet. From HD resolution to HDR support and smart TV capabilities, these TVs are sure to offer something for everyone. Read on to find out what to look for and the features you can expect in this category.
We may earn an affiliate commission for purchases using our links at no added cost to you. Learn more.
Quick Look At The Our Top Picks
We’ve chosen the Best 40 Inch TVs Under $500 that are top-notch quality with great features that set them apart from the pack. Our selections are carefully picked to help you find the ideal match for your needs and preferences.
Best 40 Inch TVs Under $500
- Proscan is the leader in entertainment and televisions. This Proscan 40 inch LED HD TV has everything you and…
- The television comes with a built in ATSC tuner. You won’t ever have to worry about paying for cable or…
- If you want to connect to an external device,’s fine too! The television set has several options to connect…
- The set is sleek in design as well. Not only does it perform well, but it looks good too! It’s ready to mount…
- The screen is easy to view at any angle and in the room will be able to watch. You’ll love watching your…
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 36.6 x 21.1 x 2.9 inches, TV with stand: 36.3 x 23.4 x 7.8 Inches
- Smart Functionality: Yes Roku TV Streaming Platform
- 1080p Full HD resolution for a lifelike picture
- Direct lit LED produces great picture quality
- 120Hz refresh rate allows fast moving action scenes to be seen with virtually no motion blur
- Easy Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to help you find movie titles, launch or…
- Smart Functionality offers access to over 5,000 streaming channels featuring more than 500,000 movies and TV…
- 1080p Full HD Resolution excellent detail, color, and contrast
- Direct lit LED produces great picture quality with 60Hz refresh Rate for fast moving action scenes with…
- Inputs: 3 HDMI, 1 USB, RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, optical audio out
- Combining rich 1080p picture quality, intuitively smart Roku TV platform, built-in Wi-Fi, and innovative…
- Enjoy all the key moments in fast-paced sports, movies, and games with motion rate 120-image processing,…
- Roku TV’s simplified home screen and streamlined remote provide easy to access your cable box or HDTV antenna,…
- Control the TV with your iOS or android device via the easy-to-use Roku TV remote app, or use your voice to…
- Measuring 35.6 by 20.4 by 3.2 inches (35.6 by 22.1 by 8 inches with included stand, LxWxH), the 40H4F is…
- 1080p High-Definition – Watch TV in crisp, clear 1080p Full HD resolution and experience a brilliant picture…
- Full Array LED Backlight – Evenly distributed LEDs across the screen’s backlight deliver superior light…
- IQ Picture Processor – Delivers superior picture processing, faster navigation, and quicker load times to get…
- V-Gaming Engine Automatically optimizes picture mode for gaming and makes next-gen console gameplay more…
- SmartCast – With intuitive navigation, enjoy instant access to the best selection of apps from top-tier…
A Simple Guide on How to Choosing the Right TV
As technology continues to advance, TVs have become an integral part of our daily lives. From watching movies and sports to playing video games, a high-quality TV can greatly enhance your viewing experience. With so many options on the market, it can be difficult to know which TV is the best for you. That’s why we have put together this comprehensive guide to help you make an informed decision.
Types of TVs
There are several types of TVs to choose from, including LCD, OLED, and QLED.
LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) TVs are the most common type of TV available. They work by using a backlight to illuminate the liquid crystals, which then form an image on the screen. LCD TVs are known for their affordability and versatility, making them a popular choice for many people.
OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) TVs use organic materials to produce light, which makes them thinner and more flexible than LCD TVs. They are also known for their deep blacks and vibrant colors, making them a great choice for watching movies or playing video games.
QLED (Quantum Light-Emitting Diode) TVs use a similar technology to OLED TVs, but they also use a special film to enhance the brightness and color of the image. This makes them ideal for bright rooms where a lot of light is present.
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a TV is screen size. The size of the screen can greatly impact your viewing experience, so it’s important to choose a size that fits your needs.
As a general rule, the bigger the screen, the better the viewing experience will be. However, you should also consider the size of your room and the distance you will be sitting from the TV when choosing a screen size.
A screen size of 40-50 inches is ideal for a small room, while a screen size of 55-65 inches is better for a larger room. If you have a very large room, a screen size of 70 inches or larger may be the best choice for you.
Picture quality is another important factor to consider when choosing a TV. A high-quality TV will provide a clear and vibrant image, with deep blacks and bright colors.
To ensure the best picture quality, look for a TV with a high resolution, such as 4K or 8K. Also, consider the refresh rate of the TV, which is measured in Hz. A higher refresh rate will result in smoother and more fluid motion on the screen, making it a great choice for watching sports or playing video games.
Many TVs now come with smart features, such as built-in streaming services, voice control, and the ability to connect to other devices, like your smartphone or tablet. If these features are important to you, look for a TV that has them built in.
Finally, it’s important to consider the price of the TV when making your decision. High-end TVs can be very expensive, but they also offer the best picture quality and features. On the other hand, budget-friendly TVs may not have all the features you want, but they can still provide a great viewing experience.
With so many options on the market, choosing the right TV can be a daunting task. However, by considering the type of TV, screen size, picture quality, smart features, and price, you can find a TV that meets your needs and enhances your viewing experience. Take the time to research and compare different models, and don’t be afraid to ask questions or seek advice from experts. Ultimately, the right TV for you will depend on your individual preferences and needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About 40-Inch TVs
What is the difference between a 40 inch TV and a 43 inch TV?
A 40-inch TV is typically 2.5 inches smaller in screen size compared to a 43-inch TV. The difference in size may not be noticeable, but a 40-inch TV is generally less expensive and more affordable for people with smaller living spaces.
Can a 40-inch TV be used for gaming?
Yes, a 40-inch TV can be used for gaming. Most modern 40-inch TVs have fast refresh rates, low input lag, and compatibility with popular gaming consoles, making them suitable for gaming.
What is the best 40-inch TV for the money?
The best 40-inch TV for the money depends on personal preferences and needs. However, some popular options include the TCL 40S325 40 Inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV, Samsung UN40NU6900 40 inch 4K UHD Smart LED TV, and the Vizio D-Series 40-inch Class Full Array LED Smart TV.
Is it worth upgrading from a 32-inch TV to a 40-inch TV?
Upgrading from a 32-inch TV to a 40-inch TV can be worth it if you’re looking for bigger screen size, better picture quality, and more advanced features. A 40-inch TV provides a more immersive viewing experience, making it ideal for watching movies, playing games, or streaming content.
Last update on 2024-02-25