For a budget TV, the TCL 32S334 32 Inch Class 3-Series Smart TV is remarkably good. The video quality and color are better than I expected for this price range. It does have some features to improve picture quality like local dimming LED backlighting and HDR compatibility but it doesn’t come with built-in streaming services such as Hulu or Netflix which would be disappointing if you want an all-in-one solution without having to purchase additional equipment.
The side speakers produce enough sound when watching movies on BluRay or regular television content so I don’t recommend getting external speakers unless you plan on playing music from your phone at higher volumes. If you just need a no-frills tv that can connect via wifi and stream most of the popular apps then this is a good option.
There are two HDMI ports and three USB ports which you can connect to your gaming system or other equipment like Chromecast, Apple TV, or Amazon FireTV Stick if you want to access all of the streaming services that those devices offer.
The device doesn’t have an Ethernet port but I don’t think it’s really needed with the wifi capabilities. It also has a headphone jack for private listening during watching movies in bed (or when somebody else wants to sleep).
You need at least one remote control because there isn’t a volume button on the body of tv set so you will be using another controller as well. The sound quality is decent, not too tinny but some people might be disappointed with the lack of bass.
The remote has a mic button which is helpful for voice search and other features that are accessible through your device, like Netflix or Hulu Plus.
I find it easier to use than some remotes because on most devices you have to press a menu button first before opening up an app but this one’s easy to get into since all of the apps are listed at the top so there isn’t any scrolling involved.
- High Definition (720p) Resolution: Full high definition (720p) resolution for excellent detail, color, and contrast.
- Google Assistant Built-in: Search for movies and shows across thousands of available apps, get entertainment recommendations, access media playback controls, change the temperature, dim the lights, and so much more. Ask questions and see the answers on your TV, including Google Photos, your calendar, sports scores, and more. Even automate and control your smart devices. The Google Assistant is always on, ready to help, and makes life in your living room that much more relaxing.
- Chromecast Built-in: Easily cast movies, shows, and photos from your Android or iOS device to your TCL Android TV.
- A simplified home screen allows you to enjoy all your entertainment in one place. Get quick access to the apps you love, cue the latest episode, or pick up where you left off in no time.
- Stream 700,000+ shows and movies live sports and news, or your favorite music from Google Play, YouTube, and your favorite apps.
What We Like:
- Great picture with clear, vivid colors and deep blacks
- Clear voice when watching shows or movies. You can hear clearly without having to adjust the volume levels too much.
- The setup is relatively easy if you follow instructions precisely for wiring it in properly
- Some new apps are not compatible with this model
- Some users have found the setup to be difficult.
This is an easy to use tv that will please most users. The picture quality, sound, and ease of setup make it a great choice for your entertainment needs. When you are looking at TCL 32S334 TV, you should consider if this model meets your specific requirements. You might want some help with setting up as well. If that is the case, you may want to look at one of the more expensive models.
Last update on 2023-03-26