This Sony X800H 4K Smart LED TV is a big improvement over the X700E, with better colors and contrast ratio which are very important for HDR content. It’s also considerably brighter than other models in this range, so it will work well even if you don’t have total black-out curtains.
Sony X800H 4K Smart LED TV
That said, if your room isn’t completely dark then I’d recommend looking at something else because there’s no type of backlight regulation to help keep bright objects from illuminating dim areas on the screen while watching videos or playing games.
The USP of this model is its new Android operating system that features Google Assistant built right into the remote control as well as a voice-activated TV. The remote control is also the best I’ve used from Sony so far, with good buttons and slides that are easy to use without looking at them.
It has decent sound quality but not for people who prefer high-fidelity audio in their living room – it can be tinny or distorted depending on what you’re listening to. And there’s no headphone jack either, which could have been useful if you want to watch something late at night while your family members sleep (it does offer Bluetooth connectivity though).
The stand itself is excellent – sturdy and weighty enough to keep the TV steady even when someone leans against its side – and offers an array of connection options including three HDMI ports, two USB ports, and a headphone jack.
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1: See premium 4K pictures, rich with real-world detail and texture.
- TRILUMINOS Display: See exactly what the creator intended with advanced color and gradation
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more responsive gaming experience
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get answers, and manage tasks
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Stream smart camera feeds with your voice. Through an Alexa enabled device, just ask Alexa to play music, launch video apps, turn up the volume, and more
- HDR and DOLBY VISION: Bring scenes to life with striking highlights, deeper darks and vibrant colors
- MOTIONFLOW XR: Less blur, even in fast scenes. Content appears with lifelike motion
What We Like:
- HDR compatible
- Dolby Vision
- Game Mode for a more responsive gaming experience with less blur and stutter.
- Lack of high-quality display leading to low visual clarity, color saturation makes everything look like they were taken out of a cartoon
- The sound isn’t great
The Sony X800H is a decent TV with only one or two major flaws. The HDR and Dolby Vision make for an improved visual experience, but the lack of quality display makes everything look cartoonish. For those who like to watch sports and action movies, this may not be the right set as Motionflow XR can barely keep up with fast-moving scenes.
With all that being said, it’s difficult to determine whether this TV would work better in your living room than a different model because every person has their own preference when it comes to what they want out of their television viewing experiences.
Last update on 2023-03-24