How do you find the perfect TV for under $700? There are a number of things to consider. The size, screen type (LED or LCD), resolution, and more. This guide will help answer all your questions so that you can make an educated purchase decision.
If you are in a hurry, check out our top picks…
TCL 65S403 65″ 4K UHD Smart Roku LED TV
This TCL 65S403 65 Inch 4K Smart LED TV is a good choice for those looking to replace their old TV. The best part about it is the prices because they are pretty inexpensive! This set has a lot of options and features that make using it easier than other models on the market.
The picture quality is really impressive with this model. It has an IPS panel display which gives you wide viewing angles but does not have HDR capabilities.
Don’t worry though, the built-in Roku smart system will still be able to access all your favorite streaming services like YouTube or Hulu so long as you sign in through your account information before watching anything on TV (which also works well if you share custody of your children).
Another advantage of this set is that the TCL 65S403 has a built-in TV tuner. This means you can use it with an over-the-air antenna or even watch cable without having to purchase any additional hardware as most other sets require.
It is also very easy to use and comes with a number of pre-installed apps. The remote control included with this TV set makes it even easier to navigate because it includes features such as voice search, input selection, and volume controls.
It can also be used for controlling other devices in your home theater system via HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) technology.
What We Like:
- The TCL 65S403 offers a great value for the price and is easy to use. The TV set can also be used with your voice assistant of choice so you don’t have to get up or even worry about finding your remote control every time you want to turn on Netflix.
- It’s also one of the thinnest TVs available today, which makes it an especially good option if space is at a premium in your living room.
- It does not offer as many streaming options as some other models and doesn’t include any smart home integration features such as Amazon Alexa or Google Home compatibility.
- It should only be considered by those who are looking for an affordable model that includes convenient voice controls from their smartphone device instead of remote control.
SAMSUNG QN55Q60TAFXZA55-inch Class QLED Smart TV
The Samsung QN55Q60TAFXZA 55-inch Class QLED Smart TV is a beautiful piece of technology that has amazing picture quality, sound, and smart features. The QLED panel produces an excellent picture with plenty of colors to choose from.
It also offers bright whites for improved viewing in daylight conditions that can be problematic for other TVs as they have trouble displaying the same levels of brightness. This model delivered rich blacks so dark you could see details within them without any haloing around objects on the screen. There was no noticeable difference between this series of LED panels and OLED ones when it came to black level performance or contrast ratio.
Users will enjoy how easy it is to use this television thanks to its intuitive design which allows for a quick setup. The TV has built-in apps for Netflix, YouTube, and more which can be accessed with the Samsung remote or by pressing the button on the lower right side of the screen.
The QN55Q60TAFXZA offers a variety of picture modes to suit different types of content including a game mode that reduces input lag when playing video games as well as Movie mode which is ideal for watching movies in home cinema setups and delivers an excellent contrast ratio and black levels so dark you could see details within them without any haloing around objects on the screen.
This model delivered rich blacks so dark you could see details within them without any haloing around objects on-screen while also delivering plenty of colors to choose from thanks to the wide variety of preset picture modes.
The QN55Q60TAFXZA offers a lot, but it does so with an affordable price tag and for that reason, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new TV.
What We Like:
- Excellent contrast ratio and black levels are so dark you could see details within them without any haloing around objects on the screen.
- It offers a lot, but it does so with an affordable price tag and for that reason, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new TV.
- The only drawback is that HDR content can’t be viewed in full glory when using the QN55Q60TAFXZA’s native resolution of 1080p since there are certain limitations like letterboxing which put up some barriers. However, if your video source supports resolutions higher than 1080×1920 (1080p) then this isn’t too much of an issue.
Sony X800H 49-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
The Sony X800H 49-inch TV is an excellent choice for anyone who wants a great picture and smart features without spending a small fortune. At around $700, it’s not the cheapest LED TV on our list, but you get what you pay for in this case: A beautiful display that also connects to your home internet network and has built-in apps like Netflix so you can stream movies from anywhere.
You do need some sort of WiFi connection though because there are no cables; good thing most people have one nowadays!
This model comes with four HDMI ports (for gaming systems or BluRay players), which we find handy since many other TVs only come with two. The remote control is backlit and easy to use too, and it’s also voice-activated to help you find a show without getting up.
If you’re looking for an affordable, 49-inch TV with all the bells and whistles of more expensive models like HDMI ports or smart features this X800H is well worth checking out!
What We Like:
- The X800H has a lot of great features like Dolby Vision, HDR, and the ability to work with Alexa-enabled devices.
- It’s also an Android TV which means it is compatible with both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa as well as Apple AirPlay² so you can stream from your phone or tablet.
- The price is a little high but it is worth the money.
- It doesn’t have a built-in TV tuner, you will need to purchase an external one separately if you want to broadcast or cable channels
VIZIO M65Q7-H61 65-inch 4K Smart TV
VIZIO M65Q series 4K Smart TV has a polished design that looks great in any space. The frame is ultra-slim, so it fits perfectly on your wall with minimal bezel and zero-gap from the wall for an immersive display.
The TV’s slim profile measures just less than two inches front to back, making it perfect for beautiful installations where other TVs would look too bulky or stick out like a sore thumb – think retail displays of clothing, hotel lobbies, and gyms/spas.
The VIZIO SmartCast™ home screen features apps you’ll use most frequently such as Netflix®, Prime Video®*, YouTube™, and Pandora®*. You can also search across multiple apps at once by voice using Google Assistant* (coming to VIZIO SmartCast™ TV in the future). The remote features power, volume, and channel controls.
This 65-inch TV has a screen resolution of 3840×21600 pixels for high-quality picture content with remarkable detail. It also supports HDR which delivers greater depth of color, increased contrast, and wider dynamic range so you get more details even in the darkest or brightest areas on your display than ever before! And it comes with Dolby Atmos® – creates an incredible sound space that puts you inside the action from any angle (requires external speakers)*.
- Dolby Vision HDR: Dolby Vision Transforms your TV experience with dramatic imaging – incredible brightness, contrast, and color that bring entertainment to life before your eyes.
- 4K Ultra HD: With over 8 million pixels
- VIZIO IQ ActiveTM Processor: Inside, the lightning-fast IQ Active processor delivers superior picture processing, and a more intelligent 4K upscaling engine displaying your favorite HD entertainment in spectacular 4K quality.
- ProGaming EngineTM: Automatically optimizes Xbox and Playstation gameplay with a unique suite of gaming features that provide smoother graphics, more responsive gaming, and better 4K HDR picture quality
What We Like:
- Excellent value: For under $700, this TV is very affordable for a 65-inch set.
- The picture quality and colors are fantastic. Viewing angles are good too!
- There’s no built-in tuner – I had to buy antennae separately. All the connections on the back of the TV are difficult to access
LG 55UP8000PUA Alexa Built-in 55″ 4K Smart UHD TV
The LG 55UP8000PUA 55 Inch 4K Smart UHD TV is a great option for any buyer who wants to have access to the latest features and technologies but at an affordable price. It has all of the excellent smart features that you would expect from an up-to-date model with Alexa built-in.
As well as providing voice control through Amazon’s popular assistant, it also includes other high-end functions such as Google Assistant compatibility and webOS with intuitive navigation controls combined with responsive touch screen technology.
This TV will deliver stunning picture quality in both dark scenes and bright ones due to its HDR Pro-tech which automatically finds out what content needs adjusting based on your scene conditions – this ensures your viewing experience is always perfect whichever show or movie you are watching!
The IPS display is excellent for viewing angles and the Motion Rate 120 refresh rate ensures you won’t miss out on any of those fast-paced scenes that can be so enjoyable. This TV includes four HDMI inputs, two USB ports (one being a quick charge), an Ethernet port, and built-in WiFi connectivity too – meaning it’s perfect for streaming content from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, or even YouTube!
I found this 55 inch LG model to have all of the latest features we’ve come to expect from modern TVs at an affordable price. When I first took it out of its box I was surprised by how thin and lightweight it felt considering just how much technology they had managed to pack into such a small space without compromising quality! The P8000 has everything you need to ensure you won’t miss out on any of your favorite TV shows, movies, or sports events.
What We Like:
- Provides a great viewing experience with a wide range of resolutions and high contrast ratios for stunning pictures.
- Includes four HDMI inputs, two USB ports (one being quick charge), an Ethernet port, built-in WiFi connectivity too – perfect for streaming content from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, or even YouTube!
- Sometimes the colors can be oversaturated in bright scenes. This was only ever really noticeable when I saw it on display as opposed to during normal TV use though so not something that would impact your decision-making process if you were thinking about buying this model.
Last update on 2023-03-24