Choosing a TV for your living room is important, and you will want to make sure that you get the best one available. With so many choices out there, it can be hard to know where to start. The good news is that we have compiled a list of the top five TVs on the market today under $250.
If you are in a hurry, check out our top picks…
Toshiba 32LF221U21 32-inch Smart HD 720p TV
The Toshiba 32LF221U21 32 inch TV is a 720p HDTV with built-in WiFi and smart TV features. The set has an IPS panel, which offers better viewing angles than most other TVs do. It also has HDMI inputs in addition to the usual RCA-style AV ports.
This allows you to plug your laptop into it or use any of the latest accessory devices for watching sports games or movies on a larger screen. There’s no bulky cable box here!
You can connect all your favorite video sources wirelessly inside seconds with two USB ports on top of that and four total HDMI connections (one more than last year). If there are multiple people sharing this LCD tv, the integrated digital tuner makes programming easy by tuning in all of your favorite channels from a single remote.
That’s not to say that the set isn’t without flaws. It has limited viewing angles due to the IPS panel, as well as sound quality issues with any type of content aside from movies or video games through HDMI (hold off if you’re looking for a TV just to listen to music).
What We Like:
- The TV is lightweight and easy to move around the house if necessary.
- It’s extremely affordable, making it a good choice for those on a budget;
- Limited viewing angles because of IPS panel reduces picture quality at certain angles.
- Clarity deteriorates when viewed from an angle and the colors are not as well saturated or vivid on this TV as they would be on a different type of panel with more vibrant contrast ratios.
Insignia NS-39DF310NA21 39-inch Smart HD 720p TV
This Insignia NS-39DF310NA21 39 Inch Smart TV has all the features you need for a good picture and sound at an affordable price. It is simple to use, with Wi-Fi capability and streaming apps such as Netflix so that it can be used right out of the box.
There are two HDMI ports on this set which make connecting devices or gaming systems easy. The stand is also very stable when using two legs instead of four. Its sleek design looks great in any room too!
The only thing I don’t like about this product is that there’s no button to turn off its blue backlight from shining while watching movies late into the night without being able to see my surroundings well enough just yet to find where it may have been turned off last time.
What We Like:
- The picture is bright and clear
- Easy to set up
- Has two HDMI ports
- No button on the remote to turn off the blue light when watching movies late at night.
Hisense 40-Inch 40H5500F Class H55 Series Android Smart TV
The Hisense Class H55 Series 40-Inch Smart TV is a solid all-around package. The 1080p resolution display offers stunning pictures in both HD and Full HD video sources, and the sound quality will fill your living area with deep rich audio.
It’s an excellent choice for large rooms or exceptionally noisy areas where you need to crank up the volume without distortion of any kind – if that is, you don’t mind its non-removable stand (a la most TVs these days).
Apart from this minor inconvenience though, there really isn’t much else to complain about here: it does what it promises on the box! If you’re looking for a no-frills set-top box experience then look elsewhere but as far as the latest TV technology goes, the Hisense Class H55 Series 40-Inch Smart TV is a solid all-around package.
What We Like:
- Great value for the price
- Full HD resolution
- Wide viewing angles from the H55 Series panel
- Built-in TV Tuner and Wi-Fi (802.11ac) connectivity to access Internet content with a wireless connection or Ethernet cable, plus HDMI input/output connections available on the rear of the set
- Narrow vertical viewing angle if you mount your TV high up on the wall in order to save space
- Requires assembly upon arrival – must attach legs and stand to the back of display screen.
SAMSUNG UN32N5300AFXZA 32-inch Class LED Smart FHD TV
The Samsung UN32N5300AFXZA 32-inch Class LED Smart FHD TV is a great HDTV. It has high quality LED screen that creates excellent images with vivid colors and deep blacks.
This model features Clear Motion Rate 120, which eliminates blurring on moving objects to provide clear pictures without choppiness or blurriness even in fast sequences of movements; the refresh rate of this TV is 60 Hz.
Samsung UN32M4000AFXZA’s remote control operates all functions of the TV including accessing cable channels from one location, volume adjustment, and input selection.
The television weighs 18 pounds while measuring 19 inches wide by 17 inches tall making it very easy to move around when needed or pack up for travel purposes if required.
What We Like:
- The TV has a great resolution.
- It is very easy to set up and use, which makes it perfect for first-time users of smart TVs.
- There are also many apps available on the Samsung Smart Hub so you can watch your favorite shows or movies without having to buy any additional equipment.
- If the TV doesn’t come with an HDMI cable then this will need to be bought separately in order for it to work properly as there isn’t one included in the box when delivered by Amazon Prime (I had already purchased a DVD player that required an HDMI connection).
TCL 32S335 32-inch 3-Series 720p Roku Smart TV
The TCL 32S335 32 Inch Smart TV is a budget-friendly TV that delivers an impressive picture quality for the price. The 1080p resolution, a fast refresh rate of 120 Hz, and HDTV tuner are great features at this low cost.
This model also has many connectivity options including three HDMI ports, which makes it easy to connect multiple devices.
However, there’s no USB port here so you can only use these connections to view content from external sources like your Blu-ray player or gaming console as opposed to playing files directly off a thumb drive or hard drive.
It should be noted that the Roku interface on this set doesn’t have support for Amazon Prime Video streaming service but does offer Netflix, Hulu Plus, and more apps with good app quality.
What We Like:
- 1080p resolution, a fast refresh rate of 120 Hz, and an HDTV tuner are great features at this low cost;
- Connectivity options include three HDMI ports which make it easy to connect multiple devices. This model also has many connectivity options including three HDMI ports, which makes it easy to connect multiple devices.
- No USB port here so you can only use these connections to view content from external sources like your Blu-ray player or gaming console as opposed to playing files directly off a thumb drive or hard drive;
- Roku interface doesn’t have support for Amazon Prime Video streaming service but does offer Netflix, Hulu Plus, and more apps with good app quality. The Roku Interface on this set
Last update on 2023-03-24